For further information on any of the below please contact Martin.
Private dance classes
We are available for private dance classes for couples and small groups. Private classes are especially suited to couples getting married who want something special for their "first dance", or just to feel comfortable dancing together. Prices start at £90 for an hour's tuition at one of our regular venues.
A fun beginners swing dance class is a great ice-breaker at birthday parties and weddings, especially where the theme is 1920s, 30s or 40s, and can also be a fun afternoon option for a hen party. We can also provide recorded music of the era and have contacts with some fantastic swing bands too!
Corporate/team-building and schools
We can provide anything from a fun class at the office Christmas party to team-building exercises based around swing dancing, plus dance demonstrations and performances. We can also teach in schools and have teachers with DBS clearance.
Film, TV and video
We can provide swing, jive and Lindy hop dancers, choreography and training for film, TV and video.
We are available for festivals and shows - classes, dance demonstrations and performances.
Dance camps, weekends and workshops
With over 20 years professional teaching experience, Swingland founder and director Martin Ellis is available for specialist Lindy hop tuition at swing dance camps, weekends and workshops. He also has a substantial collection of swing music and an excellent reputation as a swing DJ.
- London College of Communication – casting, choreography and training actors/dancers for 1920s and 1950s sequences for film commercial as part of Student Skillset
- William Morris Academy, Hammersmith – taught 1930s-style jazz and Lindy hop to BTec students culminating in a successful performance at the Lyric, Hammersmith
- British Ballet Organisation; National Youth Theatre; Churchill Museum/Cabinet War Rooms; TeachFirst; Bishop Wand School Sunbury; Merlin School Putney
Corporate clients include:
- Thomson Holidays (through The Production Suite) – taught 1930s/40s-style jazz and Lindy hop routines to holiday reps to become part of the season's entertainment in various resorts
- Abbey National plc (through The Production Suite) – taught 1930s/40s-style jazz and Lindy hop as part of a management day
- Mr. Motivator (Center Parcs Activities Weekend, Sherwood Forest) – taught Lindy hop as a fitness/motivational exercise
- BBC Blast; Gately Communication; LBHF; Naked Communications
- Rock Bottoms; JiveTime; La Santa Swing; Northampton & Leicester Swing Dance Society
- “Des O'Connor Tonight” (ITV); “2001: A Tap Oddysey” (Bloomsbury Theatre); “Last Of The Blonde Bombshells” (BBC/HBO); “Piccadilly Jim” (Myriad); “What It Is” (Freddy Fresh); “Hold On” (KT Tunstall); “Rewind” (Goldspot)